[WT-support] CAT settings of FT-1000MP MarkV (field) in Win-Test 3.20

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jun 9 20:46:28 CEST 2008

Do you see the "CAT" light blinking on the rig?  If so, if you type a
frequency in the callsign field of Win-Test, and press [Enter], does the rig
QSY?

You could try changing the polling rate to see if that make any difference.
Try 500ms, and if that works, reduce it to the lowest value that works
reliably.

I'm no expert on RigExpert, but if there is no CAT light, it could be a
RigExpert USB Serial Port configuration problem, rather than a Win-Test
configuration problem (sounds like you did everything right in Win-Test).

On page 6 of the Rig Expert manual
(English<http://www.rigexpert.com/files/tiny_manual.pdf>or
Russian <http://www.rigexpert.com/files/tiny_manual_ru.pdf>) it says:

It is recommended for all four ports to uncheck the Serial
Enumerator check-box in the same window:

This will eliminate a case when Windows is trying to
find a mouse or other device on this port when you plug
in the RigExpert Tiny.

Did you do that on both PCs?

Note that the Rig Expert software compatibility
page<http://www.rigexpert.com/index?f=software>doesn't list Win-Test,
but if it works for the others, I don't know why it
wouldn't work with Win-Test, other than the polling rate issue.