[WT-support] Rig Control with PRO 3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 30 04:57:48 CEST 2008

2008/7/29 Bruce Elbert <bruce at applicationstrategy.com>

>  There was one difficulty controlling my PRO 3. In my case, I had to
> change bands on the program; if I changed on the rig, the program stayed
> where it was. The contacts were they logged incorrectly and I had to do some
> QSO deletions.

We need more configuration details and Win-Test Screen shots to figure this
out.  What hardware are you using between your PC and your Icom Pro3?  Does
it work with other software?  Were you using VFO A or VFO B or was your rig
in "Memory tune" mode?  (I'm not sure if that applies to Icom like it does
to Yaesu).  On my Yaesu rig, Win-Test will assume all QSOs are made on the
"Main" VFO A, and it will not log the displayed frequency if you are in
"Memory tune" mode.

Why did you delete QSOs?  You can just move the cursor up to the the
incorrect QSOs and press [Alt-F1] or [Alt-F2] or [Alt-F] to correct the
band.  If you delete a QSO, someone could unfairly get penalized for a "not
in log".

> Also, it did not log the actual frequency of the PRO 3, which was the case
> in S&P rather than Run (where I would set the Run freq).

Not sure what you mean here.  What frequency did it log?  Look at the
Cabrillo file.