[WT-support] WT Problems during CQ 160

Tom Taormina Tom at k5rc.cc
Sun Jan 27 01:38:55 CET 2008

We've seen a number of curious problems during this contest.

1 - We are experiencing the startup crash problem fairly regularly

2 - When we open a page in Explorer, the keyboard hangs up in WT and we have
to hot-boot the entire computer to get it working

3 - Using WT with the MicroHam MK2R, the WinKey is assigned to COM 7. Even
though I save the configuration, every time I open the MicroHam Router, the
WinKey port has been reset. If I open WT with that port closed, WT will not
send messages. I have to close WT, fix the port assignment in the Router and
then open WT.

It is getting very annoying.

Tom Taormina, K5RC

Virginia City NV