[WT-support] Problems CAT-Interface and TS-440

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Fri Jan 25 14:26:14 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm experiencing some strange problems when trying to controll a
Kenwood TS-440 via its CAT-Interface (using a Microham microKEYER).

At the beginning everything seems to work properly, but after a
certain period of time (1 ... 10 minutes) the CAT-Interface stops
responding. According to the Info in the Microham Devicerouter, WT
still polls the TRX but gets no response. After turning off and on of
the TRX everything works fine, again for a few minutes.

At first I thought that this is a problem with the CAT-Interface in
the TRX. I then tested the interface with Logger32 instead of WT.
Surprisingly everything works without any problems!

So I tried to find any differences between the configuration in WT
and Logger32. The only thing I found was the polling time. So I
played around with this parameter (Auto, 200ms, 500ms and 1000ms,
Logger32 uses 1000ms) but without success.

Does anyone of you have the same problem? Any suggestions on how to
solve this problem?

Best 73s,
Simon, DJ4MZ