[WT-support] WT Bandmap

Stewart Baker stewart at baker.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 17:13:00 CET 2008

I used WT in the RSGB AFS CW contest for the first time, normally
I use N1MM. My CW not being up to much, I use exclusively Search
and Pounce.

I found the WT Bandmap to be less useful than the one in N1MM.
Two reasons:-
a) Limited zoom. With  the N1MM Bandmap at maximum zoom 1 kHz on
my screen vertical scale corresponds to about 2 cm. WT gives only
about 0.75 cm. Stations with WT seem to crowd on top of each other
on the Bandmap whereas N1MM gives a much better visual separation.

b) In WT the Maximum Spot lifetime (Op-entered) is 120 mins.
It is rather frustrating to have to re-discover all RUN stations
that have been on the same frequency for greater than 2 hours.
It would seem that N1MM has no practical max timeout limit.

As I said my comments are based on S&P operation - Y.M.M.V.

73
Stewart G3RXQ