[WT-support] Problem; Can not get spots from TNX packet to bandmap, 2nd SCP

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 7 22:48:48 CET 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 9:53 AM, Tadej Mezek, s51ta <tadej.mezek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are you using the same *port number *and *Broadcast address *in *both
> > *wtDxTelnet
> > and Win-Test?  See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Telnet for
> > an
> > example. I suppose the telnet settings should not effect the TNC
> > settings? (I tried various combinations with little luck.....
>

> Yes sure, Packet via telnet is working w/o problems........I am just
> testing out the TNC packet as written here (http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Packet
> ) and I can not keep it going....

Sorry, I misunderstood before.

If you are trying to connect to a local packet cluster via a radio and TNC
on a COM port, not to a DX Cluster on the Internet, then you should not
start wtDxTelnet at all and you should probably disable Ethernet networking
too.

If you press [Alt+T] and type SH/DX, what do you see in the DX Cluster
Monitoring Window
[Alt-O]<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#DX-Cluster_Monitor>?
If you see the spots, then your TNC is set up properly.

Perhaps you have a band plan active that is filtering the packet spots by
frequency?  See

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Bandplans...

To disable the band plan (it's really a "spot filter"), uncheck "Use this
current band plan for the current log", then all spots will show up in the
Announce window.  That's probably not what you want to do during an actual
contest, but it will be useful for testing packet before a contest.

I rename it to the contest name according to
> http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files, and try w or
> w/o default hf.dtb and it did not work. I was testing configuration of cq
> ww 160m and I used (CQWW_160.scp).
>
> Does this work for you?

Yes.  If I have VHF.DTB and HF.DTB, and CQWW_160.SCP in my Win-Test
directory, and I create a new CQWW 160 contest log, Win-Test 3.18 uses
CQWW_160.SCP for the Check Partial windows.  Right click the check partial
window, and then select "Used files list" to display the file name being
used for SCP.

Of course even with CQWW_160.SCP present, Win-Test still uses HF.DTB for
"exchange guessing" (that's normal behavior).