[WT-support] TNC and SCP problems

Tadej Mezek, s51ta tadej.mezek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:48:20 CET 2008

N6BV wrote:

> Are you using the same *port number *and *Broadcast address *in *both
> *wtDxTelnet
> and Win-Test?  See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Telnet for an
> example. I suppose the telnet settings should not effect the TNC settings?
> (I tried various combinations with little luck.....

Yes sure, Packet via telnet is working w/o problems........I am just testing
out the TNC packet as written here (
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Packet) and I can not keep it
going....

2. To change SCP database in win-test. I read about the formats here (
> > http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files) however when
> > download, rename master.scp from K5ZD homepage the program still forces
> > HF.dtb instead of using the database which I renamed and put into the
> > win-test folder. I tried to check which file the SW is using and when
> you right click on N+1 window I could only see hf.dtb to be used by the
> SW...........

N6BV wrote

> To what name did you rename master.scp?  The file name must match the
> contest type, e.g. STEW_PERRY.SCP, NAQP.SCP, etc. See the file names list
> at
> the bottom of the referenced page.  ARRL_RTTY_ROUNDUP.SCP isn't listed
> since
> they just added support for this contest in the development version (may
> not
> work yet, haven't tried it).

I rename it to the contest name according to
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files, and try w or w/o
default hf.dtb and it did not work. I was testing configuration of cq ww
160m and I used (CQWW_160.scp).

Does this work for you?

Cheers, Ted
s51ta