[WT-support] Problem; Can not get spots from TNX packet to bandmap, 2nd SCP

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 7 03:54:53 CET 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 1:48 PM, Tadej Mezek, s51ta <tadej.mezek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I am testing Kenwood TH-D7 with build in TNC on win-test ver. 3.18 and
> have a problem:
> 1.- I can connect easily to TNC and further more to DX cluster, but I can
> not get the spots from DX cluster window to bandmap neither to announcement
> window. I tried to enable/disable ethernet network which should not have big
> effect and tried both combinations (Syntaxes)-Dx spider or
> DX-net......neither worked.
> Anyone has an idea?

Are you using the same *port number *and *Broadcast address *in *both
*wtDxTelnet
and Win-Test?  See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Telnet for an
example.

2. To change SCP database in win-test. I read about the formats here (
> http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files) however when I
> download, rename master.scp from K5ZD homepage the program still forces
> HF.dtb instead of using the database which I renamed and put into the
> win-test folder.

To what name did you rename master.scp?  The file name must match the
contest type, e.g. STEW_PERRY.SCP, NAQP.SCP, etc. See the file names list at
the bottom of the referenced page.  ARRL_RTTY_ROUNDUP.SCP isn't listed since
they just added support for this contest in the development version (may not
work yet, haven't tried it).