[WT-support] LSB = RTTY Question/problem ???

vk6nu vk6nu at arach.net.au
Thu Jan 3 07:07:55 CET 2008

Hi all and HNY for Down Under.

Planning an IOTA trip for March and wanted to use Win-Test in DX-Ped
mode  and do some RTTY  using  the MMTTY Engine.

This is the setup ICOM IC-7000 with CI-V and SignaLink USB Interface.
These work fine on their own.

My problem when I select ALL MODES in the Contest Config menu and I go
into Logging screen and type mode RTTY the radio switches to RTTY and I
can't use my AFSK RTTY as its looking for FSK I believe.. If I type LSB
it won't key the rig and transmit the RTTY messages from the RTTY Menu
as the radio is in SSB. I have found a solution but  I wonder if
somewhere you could have the option LSB = RTTY.  My solution to this
problem was to select RTTY instead of ALL MODES and the Log MODE Field
has RTTY all the time The CI-V still tunes the radio and I can set the
radio to LSB and it will transmit AFSK using the Func Keys in the RTTY
Menu.  Hope all this makes sense to someone, surely this must be a
problem that others have found.

So quick summary Can't TX AFSK RTTY IN LSB as CIV switches radio to RTTY
Mode when you type RTTY as mode. ( with all modes selected in Contest
Config)
IF RTTY ONLY is selected in Contest Config, the mode in log is always
RTTY but you can set radio to LSB and Transmit OK using the Func Keys.

I could shut down Win-Test and fire it up and change the mode  to RTTY
and do it this way each time.

Anyone else have these sort of problems.

John VK6NU