[WT-support] HNY & HNY Contest

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Tue Jan 1 19:06:32 CET 2008

A Happy New Year to all of You!

While running AGCW Happy New Year Contest earlier today, an old idea
came to my mind, that hits me every contest that calls for exchange
of fixed information like membership number (AGCW), QTH locator (VHF
contests), States in ARRL-DX, Counties in QSO parties, DOKs WAG etc.
Often in such a contest while I S&P, I copy an exchange but am missing
the callsign of the station sending the exchange. Currently, there
is no solution except waiting for the station to sign their call.

Proposal: I would like to enter the exchange in the appropriate log
field, and after pressing the spacebar have the Check Partial Window
list all callsigns for which this exchange would apply - ideally just
one. The information should come out of the appropriate *.DTB file
plus the current log.

Maybe a major task, but implementing such a feature would be very
welcome.

73 to all and keep up all the good work in 2008!

Ben, DL6RAI