[WT-support] Dx Cluster

Andrew O'Brien andrewobrie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:35:04 CET 2008

Still no luck.  I even tried using my own cluster at 127.0.0.1.

Hello localhost
Please enter your call: Hello Andy - Welcome to the K3UK   DXing Cluster.
 Local / 531 Total Users, 72 Nodes.

K3UK de K3UK 0429z >
DX de N6RK:       1870.6  W3TS                                        0429Z
DX de NV5H:       1829.0  W0SD         SD                             0429Z
DX de N6RK:       1868.2  VA5DX

but no luck, tried several others .  They all work fine in wtDXtelnet
but do not show up in the DX Cluster Monitor.  I wonder if I have to
enable some port forwarding in my router ?

See comments below..

> In wtDXTelnet
> Options | Win-Test Network Properties
> Make sure that you have NOT checked "Disable communication with Win-Test".

Done...

> Note the IP address and port number
> In Win-Test
> Setup [Enter]
> Make  sure "Enable Ethernet network" is checked.

done

> Make sure *both* the broadcast address and port number are *exactly* the
> same as you saw in wtDXTelnet.

Done.

127.255.255.255
9871

127.255.255.255
9871

> Under "Network Protocol", click the [Advanced Settings] button and then
> press [Default] and [OK]

Done

> Press [Alt-A] to view the Announcements Window
> Right click, Displayed Bands, make sure all bands are checked
> Make sure "Multipliers only" is *not* checked.

Done

> Option | Bandplans
> At the bottom, try unchecking "Use this current bandplan for the current
> log" to temporarily disable all spot filtering
> Once you get things working, you will probably want to go back and check
> this box

Done.

> If it's still not working, Options | DX cluster  | Local wtDXTelnet, Stop /
> Start.
>
> You may want to check "Start/Stop automatically" if you always want to
> connect to packetcluster whenever you start Win-Test.  Win-Test will exit
> and reopen the wtDXTelnet app. each time it stops and starts.  Hopefully you
> have already configured wtDXTelnet to sign in automatically.

Done

>  If you have done all this and there are still no spots in the Announcement
> Window or Radio 1/2 Band Maps, press [Alt-O] to see if any cluster  activity
> is showing up in that window.  If not, and you're really sure you're using
> the local loopback address (127.255.255.255 port 9871) as the broadcast
> address in *both* Win-Test and wtDXTelnet, then perhaps your firewall
> software (ZoneAlarm?) is blocking communications between Win-Test and
> wtDXTelnet.

No firewall in line

> If you running Windows Vista, perhaps the Vista firewall will need to be
> reconfigured.  I didn't have to do anything to get it to work with the
> Windows XP Firewall.

I am using XP HE

sfully connected to a cluster via telnet in

Andy K3UK
www.obriensweb.com
(QSL via N2RJ)