[WT-support] Feature request: Translate "cut numbers" copied to real numbers

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 22 20:31:11 CET 2008

Since Win-Test has an option that supports the automatic sending of "cut
numbers" (CW abbreviations) for QSO serial numbers, I think it would be nice
if these same abbreviations were recognized as numbers when logged.

So, if one logs exactly what is sent, say, "5NN ANT" in a WPX contest,
Win-Test would automatically translate this to "599 190" when it writes the
Cabrillo file.  Personally, I have no problem copying cut numbers, but
sometimes I do have to pause a bit to do the mental translation.  I think it
would be nice if Win-Test could provide a little help.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Serial_number for more about
the CW abbreviations currently supported by Win-Test.