[WT-support] Question about CW weight

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Dec 12 09:44:56 CET 2008

Are you asking for what is called "K factor" or "keying compensation", where
a fixed value, say, 9 ms, is added to every dot or dash, regardless of
keying speed?  It would be nice if Win-Test would support that for LPT port
keying, but it doesn't.
The K1EL WinKey does this, and it's one of several reasons I like using a
WinKey with Win-Test. It also supports paddle interrupt of message CW, and
synchronized speed between paddles and messages, two things you can't easily
do with an outboard keyer.