[WT-support] Editing bands - Cabrillo error

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 08:59:30 CEST 2008

GM,

Last weekend I noticed the following:

I made the first two QSOs on 20m with my daily logging SW and after that I switched to WinTest. WinTest has CAT to the radio. In order to get the Serial nr correct I just entered the first call into the log on the freq where the second QSO was about to be made - on 40m. After the contest I wanted to correct the time, freq and band for that first QSO. I could change the band with ALT-F1/F2 and the time with ALT-F.

However I had to change the FREQ as well, since that goes to the Cabrillo Log! It should also be possible in the ALT-F Window, but I got an error message: "The Freq is not on the QSO band" and I couldn't change the freq.

It seems to be some misfunctioning protective logic. IMO it should be much better to simply reset the freq to a band default like 14000 when the band is changed manually within WT with ALT-F1/F2. Otherwise you get the wrong freq in your Cabrillo (If your CAT recorded Freq of the moment you entered the contact), which will be penalized by many contest adjucators.

73, zoli ha1ag