[WT-support] RTTY: 3 questions

Stefan v. Baltz DL1IAO dl1iao at dl1iao.com
Mon Aug 18 22:28:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

While playing a bit in the SARTG RTTY Contest last weekend I noticed how
smoothly WT is working in RTTY and how nice it is to have one software doing
it all - great!

I had 3 (minor priority) questions coming up, however:

1) Would it be possible to implement a "type-ahead" feature just as on CW?
I know that calls can be clicked or captured with the INSERT key but there
are times when you want to type in a partial call and without that feature
you need to be real quick!  Besides, typing is a good way to get the right
hand relaxed from all that mouse action.  I assume MMTTY limits implementation
of that feature?

2) Besides the different message banks for both Run and S&P it is great to
have the additional ALT-C messages available for special situations.  While
hitting ALT-C + F-key is not that bad it would be more convenient to use
something like Shift (or any other functional key) in combination with the
F-keys.  As Shift (or other keys) are already in use we could have a menu
item like "Shift works with additional F-messages" instead of it´s usual
function.  An other option would be something like "Ctrl + Shift + Fkey".

3) As a sidenote it seems that the ALT-C messages are not stored with
the actual contest file or per mode and thus need to be manually
reconfigured when switching modes or when copied to another PC.

Sunspots must be really low when you start thinking about stuff like this!

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO at contesting.com
http://www.dl1iao.com