[WT-support] QTC in WAE

DL8WPX joerg at dl8wpx.de
Mon Aug 11 23:59:33 CEST 2008

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your input. While they happen even more than in other
contests, it is not our intention to promote dupes actively, of course. Yet,
it isn't our intention either to produce contest rules as complicated books
of code nobody will read. And one general principle remains: If it isn't
prohibited, it's allowed.

The thread isn't new: We have monitored this practice a couple of years but
couldn't find proof yet for any major scoring impact, let's say on top-ten
level. Your input tells us that there is something out there causing concern
about the validity of results. This we will treat seriously and put it into
our task list in preparation for the 55th WAEDC season.

Best 73,

de Joerg, DL8WPX
WAE DX Contest Manager