[WT-support] QTC in WAE

Nick J. Sinanis F5VIH/SV3SJ f5vih at free.fr
Mon Aug 11 22:41:27 CEST 2008

Thorsten - DJ6ET wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> please take a look in a WAE log in STF-Format(DARC)....that looks quite
> different versus cabrillo, but you don?t have to look at the log-format to
> find the answer! A lot of contests are many years older than our known
> log-formats like Cabrillo or STF.
>
> That?s the wrong way, I think!

Hello Thorsten,

indeed, logging a dupe or not and the log format features, are two
different issues. I referred to the cabrillo as a demonstration only,
rather than the reference. The waedc rules say it very clearly, which
ever is the log format, that:

    7.f. For every QTC series that is transmitted or received, the QTC
number, time and frequency band of the QTC transmission must be logged.
If any of this data is missing from your log, no credit will be given
for this QTC series.

In summary, neither the waedc rules nor wintest requires a dupe to be
logged in order to append a qtc series.

If a particular log format requires qtc parentage with a qso record, the
best would be to leave it to the software to handle it and not log a
dupe that gives additional points to the dupe logger (which on the high
runners might account to > 10% of contacts).

73's Nick