[WT-support] Win-test

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 22:17:06 CEST 2008

In a message dated 8/11/2008 4:05:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Rowland.Archer at gxs.com writes:

Hi  George -

I actually do own a paid-for copy of WinTest, and I'll give it  another shot.
 It crashed on me several times in my first few times of  setting it up and
using it a bit, which frankly scared me off.  WriteLog  has been rock solid for
me, I can't think of a single crash.  I'm also  very happy with WriteLog's
functionality.  However with the EZMaster now  in the shack, WinTest is clearly
the preferred piece of software as far as the  EZM is concerned, so it's
probably worth another look.  What did you use  before WT?

73,
Rowland K4XD

Hi Rowland,

Well, I have used them all.  Started out years ago in DOS with NA, and  then
went to CT.  In 2000, I switched to Windows and WL (because new laptop  did
not have a comm port) and used that until 2005 when I went to VK-land for  CQWW
CW.  In that contest, I used N1MM, but never could get radio control  to work
with a new FT1000 MP that the Aussies provided.  After that I never  used N1MM
again, and went back to WL.  I then moved into WT in 2006  when a group of us
went to J7 for ARRL CW.  We moved from WL to WT because  it is easier to
network, and we had to network four stations together in  J7.  Networking with WT
is a breeze!  Since then I have used WT,  except for a few state QSO parties
for which WT does not have a module, and I  revert back to using WL.

I have never had a problem with either WL or WT crashing.  (I use WL  and WT
with Win XP on three different machines.)  Give WT a try again and,  if it
does crash, send a report to _support at win-test.com_ (mailto:support at win-test.com)
 to get a  resolution of the problem.

Let me know how you make out.

73, Geo...