[WT-support] Configuring LPT and DX Doubler

Greg - AB7R ab7r at cablespeed.com
Mon Aug 11 18:04:55 CEST 2008

I was just talking with Bruce on the phone.  We went into the bios and there is no
setting available to enable/disable an LPT or COM port.  There are no physical LPT
or COM ports on the computer.  There is a DB25 port on the docking station that
connects to the computer for a multi-pin header under the computer and it does work
with a printer.  But at no time does an LPT port show in device manager.

I don't think this computer has LPT or COM ports available at all.  If that's the
case, I don't think he is going to be able to connect to his DXD successfully for
automated radio switching.

I suggested taking a look at the Unified Microsystems USB interface for their VK64
keyer.  But I don't know if it supports pin 14 or not.  It may only support the
pins to activate the DVK messages.

73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA