[WT-support] Configuring LPT and DX Doubler

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 11 02:54:42 CEST 2008

There's no way that Win-Test can use the LPT port if it is not listed in the
Windows XP Device Manager under "Ports".

Check your Sony's BIOS settings to see if somehow the LPT port has been
disabled or powered off.  Also, are you sure it's really a parallel port?
Sony hasn't included one of those female DB-25 connectors on its laptops for
many years.  What model do you have?

Maybe you are using a USB to parallel or USB to serial adapter?  If so,
check the web for the latest device drivers.

If you still can't figure it out, you'll need to provide more of your setup
details including screen shots of your Win-Test configuration settings
window, including all COM port and LPT port sub-windows.

You could also try downloading CT for
Windows<http://www.k1ea.com/download/ctwin10_03.zip>just to see if you
can make CTWin work with your parallel port. Once you get
CTWin working, Win-Test should work fine too.  If CTWin doesn't work either,
then you'll know you don't have a Win-Test problem.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Bruce Elbert <bruce at applicationstrategy.com