[WT-support] Configuring LPT and DX Doubler

Bruce Elbert bruce at applicationstrategy.com
Mon Aug 11 02:00:34 CEST 2008

I've just finished making all of the hardware connections for the DX
Doubler, two ICOM rigs (PRO3 and 7K), the WinKeyer USB, and the parellel
port on my Sony laptop. Things work under direct control of the DX
Doubler, but I'm having difficulty with the computer and software. For
exmpale, Win-Test does not control the DX Doubler's operation as it's
currently set. Also, the PRO3 stays in TX mode when selected (does not go
to receive).

The Win-Test setup needs the Port number of the LPT. However, I don't have
any LPT listed under Ports (Com&LPT) in the Device Manager of XP. Is there
a way to add this? Win-Test otherwise works with my rigs through the CI-V
connections. Am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks and 73, Bruce K6ZB