[WT-support] CW Speed variations - K1EL V22 Chip now available

Rich Hallman - N7TR rich at n7tr.com
Thu Apr 17 05:39:47 CEST 2008

K1EL now has an updated V22 chip available that hopefully fixes some of
these issues.

http://k1el.tripod.com/WinKeyer2.html

Version 22 Description of Changes:
1) In pre-V22 the POT RANGE parameter was not validated, if an illegal
value was entered
erratic behavior could result. In V22 an illegal value is ignored
2) The Speed Pot value is now averaged to reduce random speed pot
changes due to noise.
3) Changes in Speed Pot are ignored during transmit. Again this reduces
random speed pot
changes due to induced RF. This was never proven to be a problem in V21
but it was easy to
implement. The speed pot will be monitored in between active dits and
dahs so that a user
can still change speed while transmitting but not a responsively as in
previous versions.
4) PTT release is measured one dit time after the last element sent. In
addition a tail setting of 1
means no additional delay time is inserted beyond the dit time. In other
words delay equals
setting minus 1. This greatly improves the QSK performance. Hang time
operation has not
been changed.
5) Direct paddle input now operates for all modes. In v21 and earlier
only Imabic A and B would
work for direct paddle input.
6) V22 now operates properly for cases where it is connected to a host
application and the host
PC goes into standby which places the USB ports into standby sleep mode.
In V22 WKUSB
will go into sleep mode and will wake up when the PC does and remain
connected to the host
application. In V21 if the host went to sleep WKUSB would disconnect and
go into standalone
mode. So when the PC woke up WKUSB would not be connected.
7) Mutli-press pushbutton sequences are supported for standalone
operation. This allows
messages 5 and 6 to be accessed directly and also maps the serial number
decrement
command to a push button press sequence. This is described in the new
revision of the WK2
datasheet.

73  Rich N7TR