[WT-support] Win-Test in ES OPEN HF Championships

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Mon Apr 14 15:44:35 CEST 2008

We have found Win-Test to be usable in ES OPEN although WT is not supporting it. Please read the instructions below and I hope you will have time to take part!

ES OPEN HF Championship 2008 will take place this Saturday, April 19th, from 0500 to 0859 UTC on 40m and 80m! We invite you to participate in this nice small contest. There will be many ES stations active and contest is held both in SSB and CW.

International winners get special trophies from ERAU plus all country winners will be awarded. There is also a special LP trophy.

Please check the results and rules from www.erau.ee:

http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload&name=Info&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=68

Rules are very easy: the contest consists of 4 equal one hour periods where you can work a station once on both bands. Thus 8 times maximum in total during the contest. Foreign stations can work ES stations only and multipliers are ES region prefixes (0 to 9) on both bands and modes. So 20 for CW/SSB and 40 for Mixed class.

CW QSOs give 2 points and SSB 1 point. Report is RST + QSO number.

Text format logs (cabrillo preferred) should be sent to esopen at erau.ee

The best way we have found to use Win-Test in this contest is:

- SAC contest in MIXED mode! (although there is no MIXED mode in SAC)

- Start 4 sessions of WinTest at your computer with different log names before the contest and after every hour switch to next window, set the serial number correct by EDIT->EDIT SERIAL NUMBER... and start logging in new window. This way the dupe calculation is correct. SAC does not let you work the same station again on the same band in different mode and calls it dupe correctly.

- You have to manually account the multipliers but it is OK to do so on paper as the maximum is only 40.

After the contest you just have to make 4 cabrillo files and lift them together. No modifications needed other than claimed score should you wish to correct it and it is easy to calculate if you know your SSB and CW QSOs and mults.

hope to CU on Saturday!

73

Tonno

ES5TV