[WT-support] Feedback from WPX SSB

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Sat Apr 12 11:00:20 CEST 2008

Hi Andy!

Great score in WPX! Congrats.

I definitely agree with Jose that CQ's should not be interrupted, but
instead you should use two different kinds of CQs, one "normal" (CU2A
CU2A TEST) and one short (CU2A TEST) CQ for Alternate CQ and Chek band
situations . I have configured memories so that in Alternate CQ the
short one is always played and in check band situation "normal" CQ is
played for main radio and short one for 2nd radio (same on SSB and
CW).

And in that way you're easily able to work two stations on different
bands at the same time, especially with very fluent moving between
main and 2nd radio windows with SHIFT.

If you do interrupt your CQ like TR does, it's totally terrible to
listen your operating. As an "old TR user" I know that it doesn't
bother you when you're operating, but if you're listening someones
pileup with Dual band CQ's, that's terrible.

73 de Toni