[WT-support] Keying RTTY by LPT port

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed Sep 26 23:29:27 CEST 2007

Alessio .. CW Keying can be accomplished from a COM Port.

This was taken from the current Win-Test Wiki, pages 177-178

http://docs.win-test.com/pdf/downloads/manual.pdf

[edit] COM-port CW keying

If you have a simple transistor-based COM port CW interface (see below), you
can enable this by again

choosing the corresponding COM port, and selecting Other interface... from
the drop-down list.

Clicking on the Configure button will reveal drop-down lists for DTR and RTS
(pin 4 and pin 7

respectively on a DB9 connector and pins 20 and 4 on an DB25).

My guess is that you have a Laptop complicating the addition of a LPT Port.
There are PCMCIA Cards that implement a true LPT Port such as this:

http://www.quatech.com/catalog/parallel_pcmcia.php     (and there are
others.)

These aren't inexpensive, but it might be the best long-term solution.

73 ----> Dave, W9ZRX

  _____