[WT-support] Setting home QTH Lat-Long

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 00:12:29 CEST 2007

In a message dated 9/13/2007 5:28:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
olecam at f5mzn.org writes:

Give  your grid square in the "contest setting" dialog window (the window
where  you give your callsign, select the contest you are going to
operate,  etc).

Oliver,

Thanks for telling me to fill in the LOCATOR in the Contest Configuration
window.  I am assuming that this then registers my home QTH so that the  azimuth
is correctly calculated for the Band Map.  Is that  correct?

I would like to suggest that the HELP file be more explicit about the  need
for the LOCATOR information.  HELP currently says "LOCATOR -  only required in
contests in which you give your locator as part of the  exchange.  This must
be filled in with a complete locator (ex.  JN18EV)."  If the LOCATOR is also
being used by WT to locate the  home QTH for azimuth purposes, the HELP should
say so.

I am going to be using WT from a dxpedition location, so having my  dx QTH's
latitude/longitude correctly recorded in WT is critical.

Tnx, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420
941-400-1960  cell