[WT-support] Setting home QTH Lat-Long

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Sep 13 23:27:52 CEST 2007

Georgek5kg at aol.com wrote:
> I'm not sure how to set my home QTH latitude and longitude in WT.  I
> tried following the HELP instructions, which tells me to install Ham CAP
> and enter home lat-long in Settings.  I did this.  However, I don't
> understand how setting home lat-long in Ham CAP enters the settings into
> WT.
>
> In other words, how can I be assured that the azimuth directions shown
> on the band map are correct for my home QTH?

Give your grid square in the "contest setting" dialog window (the window
where you give your callsign, select the contest you are going to
operate, etc).

If you don't know what your grid square is, you can convert it from the
latitude/longitude of your QTH here: http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv

HTH,

Olivier / f5mzn