[WT-support] Contextual Help

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 12 15:19:29 CEST 2007

Hi Dave

Dave Zeph a écrit :

> Hi Olivier and Laurent …. I want to check on how Contextual Help is
> supposed to work when Local Documentation is selected.

(snip)

> Or is there a difference between how “Use On-Line Documentation and
> “Local Documentation” works?  As best as I can tell, the Local
> Documentation contains the same HTML files – but the Contextual Help
> just doesn’t access them directly.

I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

Using the online or the offline docs leads to the same help content
(except, of course, that the online help may be more recent than the
offline help because the docs maintainers may have updated it).

I tried with several contextual menus or even the Alt-H shortcuts when
available, and the pages contents are similar. I mean, the same
"chapters" are displayed.

I just found a small bug where, in certain circonstances (for some
browsers and if the file path includes spaces chars), the local docs
opening failed. If is fixed and the next nighly build will be OK. So,
AFAIK there is no different page opened whether you're using the online
or the offline doc.

I guess you're using a recent WT version ? The help files management was
changed in last May.