[WT-support] new user - Various comments - Future feature request.

Larry Schimelpfenig larryk7sv at comcast.net
Sun Sep 9 15:47:34 CEST 2007

1. I used WT in the cw sprint last night and it was nothing short of
fantastic as Bob N6TV said. There's so much feature that an OF like me can
get confused trying to use it all, especially with SO2R. Forunately one can
turn off what he/she doesn't need or hasn't learned to control yet!

2. I also used WT in the SSB WAE and it's terrific. Almost makes phone
contests fun to operate!

3. I've been using WT with dual monitors (dual output sound card) for
several months, and it's also terrific.

4. I finally put WT together with MMTTY and find it to be great on RTTY.
Having RTTY working SO2R with WT makes is so much fun that I may be drawn
into more RTTY contests than NAQP and the Sprints!

5. The discussion regarding rotator control, especially via network is going
to be a real boon for stations that are used in various configurations such
as SO, SO2R, M/S and M/M.

6. While there is something akin to cw weight control in WT, it's really a
dot dash ration. Again because I like using QSK on cw and both of my ICOMs
have a tendency to short characters slightly when using QSK, it would be
nice if WT provided what is called "keying compensation" by the folks that
make Logikey. As opposed to weight control it actually increases keying on
time and decreased keying off time to compensate for shortened characters,
independent of cw speed.

Thinking of what it may contain, I'm drooling as I think about V4!

A dip of the hat to the WT team for the terrific product. That includes the
s/w engineers, everyone who has contributed to the documenation efforts, and
the various testers.

Gotta send some logs to contest sponsors!

73 de Larry K7SV