[WT-support] NA Sprint contest this weekend -- missing feature: Visible Dupe Sheet

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 6 01:55:39 CEST 2007

One nice feature of TRlog in the North American Sprint contest is the
"visible dupe sheet" window, which shows all calls worked on the current
band, sorted by call area and *suffix*, so that you can quickly check for
dupes just by looking at the screen, without having to type anything:

  1    2    3    4    5     6    7    8    9    0   VE   DX
 K1AR N2NC K3LR      K5ZD NS6A           AG9A            XE1/AA6RX
NB1B                       N6DA
 K1EA                     WB6DSV

You rarely work more than 130 calls per band in this 4 hour contest, so
there is enough room to fit everyone in one window.

In the Sprints, many stations have short call signs and send >35 WPM.  You
constantly have to QSY, and timing is very important.  If you spend too much
time typing in a call to see if it shows up under Check Partial, you may end
up calling too late, and you'll lose your chance at the contact (due to the
QSY rule).  The visible dupe sheet window helps solve this problem.

Perhaps as you type in a few letters, calls worked with those letters would
be highlighted in the visible dupe sheet, helping you even more.  This is
not a requirement, not even supported by TRlog I think, but it would be a
nice enhancement.

Any chance we could have a beta release of Win-Test that has any version of
a window like this?  I was looking forward to using Win-Test in the NA
Sprint this weekend, but with this important feature missing, it will be a
bit more difficult than I had anticipated.