[WT-support] newbie questions

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Sep 2 13:23:33 CEST 2007

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

I confirm everything Bob said. Another good alternative is to procure
yourself with a standalone WinKey from K1EL. That way, you will be able
to use your DX Doubler in the same manner as before, just like if your
paddle were connected to the LPT port.

> Paddle support via LPT1 does seem like a missing feature, but you can
> work around it with hardware.  I've offered my LPT1 paddle support
> source code (written in C and used by CT) to F5MZN, but Olivier doesn't
> seem to be too interested in adding this feature to Win-Test right now.

I'm afraid I never replied to your proposal Bob! TBH, I'm quite sure
that a DOS code won't work as is under windows. The internal CW
generator in Win-Test has nothing common to the CW generator I wrote in
the past for an old DOS program. The win32 code is even different
depending of the OS running WT (Win95/W98/Me versus W2K and later)... On
the other hand, LPT ports are now history. It's now exception to get a
brand new computer with an LPT port included in. As the (cheap) K1EL
WinKey is the best alternative solution -- either standalone or the one
included and any modern SO2R boxe -- I think it is best to spend time on
other developements.

Both EZMaster and MK2R are fully supported by Win-Test. These boxes are
rolls-royce for SO2R operating, especially using the advanced SO2R mode
of Win-Test which takes full control of headphones: you never have to
press any button of the box using WT!

Just my cent!

Olivier / f5mzn