[WT-support] Zone changing....not necessary!

Tom Wylie t.wylie at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 31 17:46:04 CET 2007

Personally I never believe the CTY files and check each zone
as it comes in.    The problem arrives mainly in the USA
where they have made a bollox of their callsigns so that a
W6 may well be in New York  etc.

I make changes manually to the Zone if necessary as I go
along checking the zone each time.   I never rely on the CTY
files,  guys move around all the time...

Its only a couple of key strokes more.

Tom
GM4FDM

Nigel G3TXF wrote:
> Hello Win-Test users,
>
> Yes, I was also 'correcting' the incoming zone for virtually every W this
> weekend. But it was entirely my fault!
>
> I had not realised that there was a choice of Country Files, until Boris
> T93Y kindly mentioned it on here during the Contest. [But even after reading
> Boris' message I did not dare change the Country File myself during the
> contest for fear of messing up my log!]
>
> Wouldn't the answer be to make the CTY_WT_MOD.DAT the default Country File?
>
> We could then forget about the other two. Uploading the latest version of
> this file from within Win-Test is just so easy.
>
> While I am on, I'd like to say that Win-Test once again added significantly
> to the fun of the contest, even though I was giving myself extra work in
> changing so many incoming Zones, by using the wrong Country File!
>
> 73 - Nigel G3TXF
>

> Isn't perhaps the answer to this
> problem to make the

>>> 73