[WT-support] Fwd: CQWW WinTest

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 03:16:46 CET 2007

Rick .. We had the same sort of problem initially at K3LR.  I had updated
the CTY_WT_MOD.DAT file and figured that just restarting Win-Test would
cause it to use the new file.  However our Win-Test was "guessing" all VE3's
as Zone 5.    I found that it was necessary to force a RELOAD of the CTY
File.  To do this I selected a different CTY file, and clicked on OK without
checking "RELOAD".  Then I selected the original CTY file, which then
brought up the RELOAD WIN-TEST checkbox.  After the RELOAD, Win-Test
properly scored the VE3's.  Perhaps this will fix your problem.

The other thing we found is that there was an error in the CTY_WT.MOD.DAT
scoring of QSO's with OH0.  It was scoring OH0 as Finland rather than as the
Aland Isl.  I contacted F5IN and he fixed the problem and sent an updated
file.

Today AD1C put out several updates to the CTY.DAT - one of which involved
the addition of ED5ON/6 - who was in the Balearic Isl. - EA6.  I've added
those in as well.

I'll be happy to E-Mail a copy to anyone who wants it.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX

  _____