[WT-support] Sprint Logic feature

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:13:34 CEST 2007

Why not have the Automatic Guess Exchange ticked as default.

I see a lot of people complain with this, and I don't understand why anyone
would want to run a contest without automatic excahnge guess...
Sure if they read the documentation is all there, but there are so many
things that I think it is best to have this on default.

Hope to see all from CQ9K MM from Madeira Island

73
José Nunes
CT1BOH

On 10/17/07, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Marko et al.
>
> Marko Derganc, S51DS a écrit :
>
> > My radio club purchased WT last week and I registered a WT on one PC at
> > club's contest location S59ABC last Friday. Registration process was
> > very fast, well done.
> >
> > I used WT for the first time during the last EU SPRINT CW contest.
> > I worked with WT internal CW keyer, FT-2000 was controlled via CAT
> > interface. PC is very old with Win98SE but WT run without any problem. I
> > loaded my version of EUSPRINT.DTB and XDF file plus HF.DTB, I was using
> > check partial and N+1 windows with display exchange enabled, so a lot
> > of simultaneous tasks for WT, but software worked very fast even on slow
> > PC, you made a really nice piece of software, congratulations.
>
> Tnx for the kind words.
>
> > I have one remark only. I had some problems during S/P mode. Why? When
> > I find the station calling CQ, I enter station's call sign in the call
> > sign field, then I press a SPACEBAR key to check for dupe and if it is
> > not dupe, than I have to press correct F key to send $MYCALL. Is there
> > any way to set up the WT to send $MYCALL just in case the called station
> > is not dupe?
>
> Not really, but there is maybe a feature that could help you :
>
> Use the Tools / Data entry / Exchange guessing / Automatically option.
>
> This way, you will not have not to use the space bar anymore to check if
> the callsign has been worked or not. It is resolved and displayed "on
> the fly", as well as the exchange guessing (if any).
>
> Note that you can use the same feature for the mult. wnd (F10) and the
> checkCall wnd (F9) by using the contextual menu of these windows.
>
> Final note : This feature can be sometime a bit CPU-intensive with very
> low-end computers if they are all engaged.
>
> > Above mentioned procedure is time consuming and you can lost a contact
> > just because $MYCALL is sent to late. And the worst case: $MYCALL is
> > sent to late with inadequate CW speed setting - I can not find any
> > current CW speed indicator on the screen.
>
> Phil F6IFY mentionned it in his last post : It's located in the lower
> area of the Rate Wnd (Alt-R).
>
> Some users reported the need for an independant wnd for that, but we
> must confess that we are a bit reluctant to add another window for that.
> There are already plenty of them ! We'll see...
>
> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY

José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh