[WT-support] Sprint Logic feature

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Oct 17 11:51:39 CEST 2007

Hi Marko et al.

Marko Derganc, S51DS a écrit :

> My radio club purchased WT last week and I registered a WT on one PC at
> club's contest location S59ABC last Friday. Registration process was
> very fast, well done.
>
> I used WT for the first time during the last EU SPRINT CW contest.
> I worked with WT internal CW keyer, FT-2000 was controlled via CAT
> interface. PC is very old with Win98SE but WT run without any problem. I
> loaded my version of EUSPRINT.DTB and XDF file plus HF.DTB, I was using
> check partial and N+1 windows with display exchange enabled, so a lot
> of simultaneous tasks for WT, but software worked very fast even on slow
> PC, you made a really nice piece of software, congratulations.

Tnx for the kind words.

> I have one remark only. I had some problems during S/P mode. Why? When
> I find the station calling CQ, I enter station's call sign in the call
> sign field, then I press a SPACEBAR key to check for dupe and if it is
> not dupe, than I have to press correct F key to send $MYCALL. Is there
> any way to set up the WT to send $MYCALL just in case the called station
> is not dupe?

Not really, but there is maybe a feature that could help you :

Use the Tools / Data entry / Exchange guessing / Automatically option.

This way, you will not have not to use the space bar anymore to check if
the callsign has been worked or not. It is resolved and displayed "on
the fly", as well as the exchange guessing (if any).

Note that you can use the same feature for the mult. wnd (F10) and the
checkCall wnd (F9) by using the contextual menu of these windows.

Final note : This feature can be sometime a bit CPU-intensive with very
low-end computers if they are all engaged.

> Above mentioned procedure is time consuming and you can lost a contact
> just because $MYCALL is sent to late. And the worst case: $MYCALL is
> sent to late with inadequate CW speed setting - I can not find any
> current CW speed indicator on the screen.

Phil F6IFY mentionned it in his last post : It's located in the lower
area of the Rate Wnd (Alt-R).

Some users reported the need for an independant wnd for that, but we
must confess that we are a bit reluctant to add another window for that.
There are already plenty of them ! We'll see...