[WT-support] Sprint Logic feature

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 8 08:58:47 CEST 2007

On 10/7/07, marko derganc <s51ds.marko at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have standard INSERT messages configured as follows:
>
> RUN: $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $MYCALL $SERIAL $ZONE
>
> S&P: $LOGGEDCALL $SERIAL $ZONE DE $MYCALL
>
> Sprint exchange logic for the Ins key is enabled.
>
> Menu: Tools->Data entry->Enable Run/S&P switching is checked on
>
> Problems:
> - RUN insert message is sent always
> - $GUESSEXCH does not move cursor from "callsing" field to "Rcvd QSO
> number" field

Your setup looks fine.

But, the S&P message will only be sent when a number has been entered into
the received serial number field in the data entry line.  Otherwise, if that
"serial number received" field is still blank, the program assumes you must
be in run mode (CQing).

The received serial number should be entered after you answer someone else's
CQ, and *before* you press Insert:

   1. You find someone who is CQing, and you call them
   2. They (hopefully) come back to you and send you an exchange.  Start
   typing.
   3. You type the serial number they send into the log (so it is no
   longer blank), *then*
   4. You press [Insert] to send your exchange
   5. Win-Test should send the S&P message