[WT-support] Com Ports configuration

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 18:30:13 CEST 2007

In a message dated 10/3/2007 9:59:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
andyphewitt at btopenworld.com writes:

I  sent an email on this subject yesterday but eventually thought I had the
problem resolved. Not the case though. When I started up this morning all the
comport configuration settings had gone. I reloaded them again but forgot I
had another program open accessing the same comport so there was a clash and I
 received a notification window from WT. I closed the other prog but when I
went back to WT the settings had gone again. I tested this a couple of times
and instead of just telling me that the port is in use the port settings are
deleted or lost. So I lose these settings when the PC is switched off and when
 there is a clash.
I am  using a TS950SDX as radio 1 and TS570SDG as radio 2 with MicroHam USB
interfaces. The PC is a Dell 2.7Ghz machine with 1025MB of RAM and 27G of HD.
Running Windows XP Media SP2. I am also using DX4Win, MixW and SD with no
problems.
Any  ideas?
73
Andy  G3SVD

Andy,

I did some testing of the comm port settings with my WT, and here are the
results:

SETUP: I use WT with a ProII and MicroHam CW Keyer USB  interface.  I use
virtual comm port 5 for "Radio 1" control, and comm port  6 for "winkey".

1.) Rebooting WT does not cause the loss of comm port settings in WT.
2,) Closing WT and rebooting Win XP does not cause the loss of comm port
settings in WT.
3.) Closing WT and opening WriteLog allows WL to access comm ports 5 and 6
for radio control and cw keying.  However, when I close WL, and reboot  WT, the
comm port settings are gone from WT.

Also, a week ago, for some reason that I can not explain, I experienced a
random occurrence of the comm port settings in WT defaulting back to  "network".
 I had to reset comm 5 to "Radio 1", and comm 6 to "winkey" to  reestablish
control and cw keying.

My recommendation would be to "fix" WT so that it does not lose its comm
port settings if another application program accesses the comm ports.

73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420
941-400-1960  cell