[WT-support] "Failed to open COM1!"

Rolf Salme sm5mx at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 23:08:15 CET 2007

>--- "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote: [i.a.]

> Rolf,
>
> This can happen if another program is running that
> is already using COM1:

[and so on]

Bob,

Thanks for your suggestions. Although I haven´t solved
the matter completely yet, I find your analysis &
conclusion most plausible.

Employing the Process Explorer, I don´t get a hit with
"serial", but when typing just "device" I get several.
So I am dealing with the suspects one by one,
beleiving I am on the right track.

In the meantime, I have set up Win-Test on an XP
Laptop, and I got it running right away.

As a newcomer to Win-Test, I enjoy following the
lively discussions and interesting proposals on this
reflector, not the least from you yourself. I think we
greenhorns are well taken care of :-)!

73 & tnx
Rolf
SM5MX