[WT-support] Few questions/comments

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 27 14:38:29 CET 2007

Hi Denny

Denny Sahovic, KX7M a écrit :

> - When I am CQing, why bother putting the call signs of stations that
> are calling me into the band-map. Isn't it better to leave it blank, or
> mark it as a last CQ requency?

Because not everyone here use the RUN/S&P switch (I personnaly never
did, and I know dozens of people who never do too). So, WT can't
distinct if the callsign you entered follows a CQ *or* is an answer to a
caller. Thus, WT enters it in the bandmap in every case, to be sure.
BTW, I don't see any drawback to that.

> - ByeByeCT worked well for reprogramming F9-F12, but there is a half a
> second delay before it starts sending. Anyone noticed this?

I can't say much on that because I use 7 F-keys only (actually 4...),
but it may be related to the fact that ByeByeCT is an interpreted
program only which "replays" key presses. It means that, even if you
don't see it clearly, ByeByeCT "opens" the additional message wnd and
send the appropriate message. Of course, it is not as quick as a
build-in function, but it can help some users.