[WT-support] Win-Test at 3X5A

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 11:10:44 CET 2007

To: Win-Test reflector
Subject: Assessment of Win-Test at 3X5A

Network: 8 laptops on a wireless network, one of which had an internet feed via Ethernet cable.

Network utilization Over 15,000 QSO's logged.

Win-Test performance: SOLID.

A couple of peripheral and petite issues:

Two of our USB to serial adapters on the CAT interfaces didn't work properly at times, an occasional SETUP/Enter/Enter reset them back to normal. I'll do some research in this area, maybe the Belkin adapters are more reliable?

A couple of our stations had CW speed problems with the Win-Key USB units. I still feel this area needs some work - setting the speed via Alt-V and/or the WinKey pot didn't seem to have any effect at times.

Having switched from CT to WT this year, the team were VERY impressed by Win-Test's reliability and added functionality whilst maintaining the CT command set.

Many thanks guys for all the work.

John G4IRN, Network Administrator and Op at 3X5A.