[WT-support] CQWW CW @ DQ4W

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Tue Nov 27 01:40:18 CET 2007

Hi,

> a) We have checked the "Load contest at startup" option to keep restart
> [...]
> Because we never shut down WT regularly after opening up the new
> log. Maybe the file, that contains this information could be updated
> when the new log was sucessfully created and opened for the first
> time - and not when the user shuts down WT regularly.

same observed @OZ5E - where a "support"-laptop has been
unintentionally switched off - the "Load contest at startup" has
not been set.

> What may be related is the setting of the RUN1/RUN2 flag. After a
> restart, the RUN2 station was back to R1 (the default) and - because
> it was overlooked - we now have to wade through about 1500 QSOs and
> correct the settig by pressing Alt-Y on many QSOs.

similar problem here: we started M/2 with two RUN1 stations - I've
seen this around 0:30 so we did not have to check so much QSOs, but
it might be a good idea to give a warning that there are TWO stations
with RUN1 online?

btw: I remember a nice feature from writelog, that the status window
showed a "*" next to the RUN/RUN1/RUN2 status, when this station
was really running - and not e.g. just searching for Mults on the
same band whitout setting an S&P-Mode or modifying the QSY Freq.
The star would have been set if
- the last two or more QSOs would have been shown on the same Frequency
  (whithin a small range e.g. +-200Hz, maybe more in SSB)
- if the active VFO pointed to the same qrg as the last but one qso
  (e.g. you are running, work a bandmap spot, come back with alt-f4,
  and are running again).
- if F1 (CQ) has been pressed on this frequency.

It then would be much easier for the RUN2 station to see if RUN1
was running and therefore the "pass station" could be done to the
RUN freq instead of shouting throughout the shack :)

we did 4000+ QSOs, WT 3.18, no slow-down, no problems with WT at all.

We found a strange effect, the laptops (WLAN) were not showing the
incoming network information (i.e. the QSOs and QRGs from the other
stations on the lan), but the lan stations did see all Clusterspots
(coming from a wtdxtelnet on a laptop(WLAN)). The Network settings
have been default - and even double checking "allow all" did not help.
The solution was switching to wired LAN (TP) instead of WLAN.
I guess the WLAN router might have been somewhat "impressed" by our
Amplifiers :)

73 de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier