[WT-support] CQWW CW @ DQ4W

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Tue Nov 27 00:37:04 CET 2007

Hi all:

We did CQWW CW very sucessfully at DQ4W using 2 x TS-850, WT 3.18 on
W2K, networked by wire, one USB microHAM II interface, one plain COM
interface, LPT CW keying and a GPRS cluster link. We made around
5k QSOs.

Everything worked out fine this time, no major issues, very few
crashes and no slow-downs observed. CW was slightly erratic on the
USB interface, but that may be due to slow PC hardware - not a real
issue.

Only two little things:

a) We have checked the "Load contest at startup" option to keep restart
time down. When we open a new log, start the contest, run for several
hours and then WT crashes and we re-start WT - it will load the log
of the previous contest weekend, WAEDC RTTY.

Why?

Because we never shut down WT regularly after opening up the new
log. Maybe the file, that contains this information could be updated
when the new log was sucessfully created and opened for the first
time - and not when the user shuts down WT regularly.

What may be related is the setting of the RUN1/RUN2 flag. After a
restart, the RUN2 station was back to R1 (the default) and - because
it was overlooked - we now have to wade through about 1500 QSOs and
correct the settig by pressing Alt-Y on many QSOs.

b) Zone guessing was wrong for VE2 and VA2. Apart from that it worked
perfectly. Many thanks again to Jim Reisert, AD1C!

By the way, I found a nice new detail, namely that when you click on
a spot with the RIT enabled on the TS-850, it will switch RIT to 0.0
kHz, even when the pot is not exactly in the center position. When
you return to your previous CQ frequency with Alt-F4 you will return
exactly to the frequency from which you left.

This little change is very welcome. Thank you very much for
implementing this little detail - very helpful!

Looking back two years ago - what a giant improvement.

73 Ben, DL6RAI