[WT-support] VP6DX - contesting during an expedition

cjanssen at bndlg.de cjanssen at bndlg.de
Mon Nov 12 15:17:22 CET 2007

Hi,

it depends on the fact if you want to take part in the contest seriously (with tracking of
QSOs/Multis/Score). At VK9DNX we had the same situation. We also took part in the ARRL CW (and also
in the CQ 160 SSB with 12 QSOs). We didn't change anything in the network. We logged all contest
QSOs in DXpedition mode. For sending the rst you can modify the F2 memory. For receiving you can
enter the state in the comment field behind the RST. So we had no idea how many QSOs/Multis/Points
we had. We extracted the QSOs with NA out of the DXpedition log and sent it in. We one the Oceania
M/M category...

Don't mix two different "contests" in Win-Test after the ARRL. Either you log ALL QSOs in one file
or use two different and keep them separate until you are at home.

73s Chris