[WT-support] Contrl+Tab - Part II

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Thu Nov 8 23:39:11 CET 2007

Jose/Zoli:

You may be right with high speed contests like CQWW or running from
P40E and EA8ZS. But let me remind you that on RTTY, for example,
the situation is totally different.

In RTTY CQ mode I use something like:

F1: CQ TEST DE $MYCALL $MYCALL CQ
F2: 599 $SERIAL $SERIAL $SERIAL
INS: $LOGGEDCALL $F2 $LOGGEDCALL BK
PLUS: $LOGGEDCALL TU 73 QRZ DE $MYCALL TEST

while in S/P mode I use this:

F1: the same
F2: the same
INS: DE $MYCALL $MYCALL
PLUS: QSL $F2 DE $MYCALL

I don't change any of the other F keys as I all need them sporadically.

The DE is pretty important in RTTY for the software to automatically
recognize the call.

Also the situation is different on VHF, where you make 200-300 QSOs
in 24 hours. There speed and shortness is not the point but to be
redundant and to make sure that what you copy is what's correct. So
the QSO procedures are slow and include many repeats.

For me it's nice to be able to switch messages with a simple key
combination and I have more than once sent my kudos towards Paris
for this idea.

If only the option to enable switching between these two modes was
not so hard to fine menus... and auto repeat would automatically turn
off when switching to S/P and turn back on when switching to RUN

73 Ben, DL6RAI