[WT-support] Advanced setup network for M2

Patrick 9A5CW pat.9a5cw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:52:55 CET 2007

Hi,
same problem with WT slow down we had also on one PC (RUN) ... after
disconecting that
PC from local LAN WT worked fast.
I noticed that PC was slow at the beggining of the contest.
At the end 6800 qso in our log...
We used WT 3.17 with 3xFT1000MP... also QSX on 7MHz didnt worked when
grabbing spots. (saw that is now solved).

Zone guessing was wrong, we used CTY.DAT because this one was only updated
by AD1C, CTY_mod files where old from August. We used auto zone guessing
with CQWW.DTB updated from the last year cqww ssb contest logs, if you type
K or W (1st letter) automaticaly WT put zone 5, when we type full call which
was in cqww.dtb zone was changed correct.

If possible to change auto zone guessing for USA calls only when full prefix
is typed... "K1, K2; K3 etc" will be much better and guess the zone for USA
calls from the number in the prefix.

Thanks to WT team ... for super software... hope next year we will kick
FY5KE ;))))

73, Patrik - 9A5CW - 9A1P M/S team

On 11/4/07, Claudio Veroli <claudio.veroli at alice.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>       in 2007 CQWW it was the first time we used WT at IR4X, and finally
> no
> disconnection on the local network.
> Congrats to all developers particularly to Olivier F5MZN and F5FVY. We
> really like this software.
> Only one problem on Saturday evening when we got around 6000 qsos in log.
> The PCs on the 2 running stations
> become very slow with problems moving cursor and entry characters.
> Of course the PCL traffic was very heavvy. Also the PC dedicated to time
> sync and Packet connection become very slow.
> The only solutions was to avoid the inbound spotting traffic from PCL
> using
> the Advanced setup network.
> It was of course an immediate solutions but we can't leave the running
> PC-STN without packet announcements for future contests.
> As it was the first time we were using WT I leaved the default settings
> for
> the network, but I saw a detailed Advanced Setup Network. Probably we have
> to use this setup to better configure our network.
>

> Probably lot of you have just used these advanced setting so do you have
> any
> suggestions?
>
> Here is our PC setup:
>
> PC are all Pentium III or IV with at least 256 Mb RAM OS Windows2000 SP4
>
> 2 PCs on Run1 (one on the running station + one on the support station)
> 2 PCs on Run2 (idem)
> 1 PCs on Mult1
> 1 PC  on Mult2
> 1 PC  used as Monitor or silent backup
> 1 PC  is dedicated to PCL with TNC2 and time sync (P III 256Mb )
>
> Network HUB is only 10 Mb.
> No RFI on the network.
> Sync logs on the network was disable for all PCs.
> We normally use the following windows RADIO1, STATUS, Packet
> announcements,
> Partial check, N+1, Exchange guessing.
> All PC are connect to a radio and frequency is showed in STATUS.
>
> Is there any possibility to filter spots on the PC dedicated to PCL and to
> pass on the network only multipliers or new contacts?
> Any others suggestions for the network setup? OR should I upgrade my
> hardware ?
>
> POST CONTEST
>
> I saw some QSOs out of order in time and this affects the 8 band change
> controls. Is there any possibility to reorder QSOs by time?
>
> Thanks in advance for all the supports.
> 73 de Claudio I4VEQ

9A5CW - Patrik Hrvatin