[WT-support] Advanced setup network for M2

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Nov 6 18:57:27 CET 2007

HI -

--- 8< --- [snip]
> Check also that you don't have any "automatic and silent" Windows update
> engaged. That might impact the responsivness and file system access, for
> low-end machines.

In addition to Larry, I suggest the next time it happens to open the
Task Manager in order to see which processes are spending to much CPU
time. Usually, WT should not use more than 2 or 3% of CPU, with a
reasonable memory usage (less than 40 MB with all databases and an empty
log, and abt 40/50 MB with 8000 Q loaded).

Are you able to repeat the problem, sending some "SH/DX/5000" to the
cluster?

BTW, is the HD formatted in NTFS, FAT32? No compressed file system, or
network shares around?

As Larry, my guess is that hidden process is silently analyzing each
file a software access to. This can be an anti-virus, anti-spyware ...
or even a virus or spyware! One clue is that only some of your computers
in the LAN were affected by this problem.

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn