[WT-support] CQWW CW Multi-Multi Network

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 08:22:10 CET 2007

Not long to go now!  I will be implementing eight laptops on a wireless network during CQWW at 3XY5D. We will be using WT for the first time this year having used CT on a coax ethernet in the past.

I will follow the advice of the guys and use static IP addresses on each machine. The network will be an 'old'  802.11b  type.

Six of the laptops will be set up as RUN stations, one as MULT, the other will be spare/packet.

Is there anything specifically that I should look out for?
Will the 802.11b network handle the traffic OK?
Can I avoid using the advanced network options (i.e. I simply use defaults)?

Any lessons learnt from previous, similar implementations would be gratefully received!

Thanks

John G4IRN
www.voodoocontestgroup.com