[WT-support] Big Insert Key

Doug Grant k1dg at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 5 20:14:30 CET 2007

I was using Win-Test a bit in CW SS this weekend, and found out very quickly that the "big" Insert key doesn't work.

I searched the archives and confirmed that only the "little" Insert key sends the "Insert" message. There was some dialogue on this list in 2005 that suggested that most people don't use the numeric keypad "big insert" key.

I can live without "ESM", but I always use the big insert key, since it is, well, bigger than the little one. It's easy to find and has worked on the other contesting programs I have used (CT, WL). I have developed a reflex that makes my little finger reach over and hit it when I have most of a callsign typed.

My little finger is not long enough to reach up there to the top row and hit the little Insert key without hitting another key by mistake.

Has someone figured out a workaround (not requiring finger surgery), or shall I hope and wait for v4?

73,

Doug K1DG

p.s. I am also trying to get my MK2R+ box and Win-test to play together nicely, and still have a lot of work to do. If there is anyone who is an expert on this, please contact me off-list.