[WT-support] WT under W2K

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 19:46:16 CEST 2007

Hi Nick

Nick Lekic a écrit :

>  >1/ Before the computer restarted (1st paragraph), was the "Sticky
>  >setting" enabled or not ?
>
> Paul has already provided answer to this one.  The "Sticky setting" was
> not originally
> enabled.   After the problem was observed, however, enabling "Sticky
> Setting" would
> not enforce the R1/R2 designator after restarting Win-Test.
>  In other words - it had no effect at this point.

The sticky setting is only useful when you start a new log on a given
operating position. It then takes this setting as default for the
entered QSOs, unless you change it.

> If I understand your question correctly,  the offending radio continued
> to operate on the same band it was on before, after the radio designator
> got changed.
>
> Before the problem:
> R1 was logging on 20m
> R2 was logging on 40m
>
> Win-Test then got restarted.  Radio bearing R2 designator is now renamed R1:
> R1 remains on 20m
> R1 (originally R2) remains on 40m

I re-checked the code and, for now, the only way I find to get this
behaviour is to restart Win-Test and modify the station _NAME_ (in the
contest setup dialog). Please confirm you didn't do that ;-)  This makes
sense as WT browses back the log to find what was the status of this
station when the last QSO was entered on it (= with this name).