[WT-support] Post WPX suggestions and possible anomolies

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 19:08:01 CEST 2007

Hi Paul

Paul Cassel a écrit :

> Should the "Station Type" not be configured in the configuration window at
> the time of selecting M/2 operation??  First time users (me) had to do a lot
> of digging to find this switch making it very confusing for first time M/2
> op to find.

Actually, it totally depends on your station configuration. If you only
enter M/2 and your station #1 will be RUN1 for the rest of your life,
then configure it as RUN1, and use the sticky setting. Apply the same
for RUN2. If, like in most of the stations, the RUN1, the operating
positions are changing their status according to the band, the QSYs
etc., they change their status "on the fly" and do not use the sticky
setting.

> Also found that an Invalid serial number such as ABC was accepted and points
> awarded. Possible keyboard check for numeric entries only should be
> performed?

WT has been designed to reduce the op. constrainsts at most. It means
that the only cases where a validity check is performed is when a field
is empty (and it is not supposed to be), and when a *very minimalist*
callsign check fails. For some contests, the exchange field(s) are
checked against lists (ARRL contest, DX-side for example), and invalid
exchanges are just tagged with a "?" in the flags area (but accepted to
not slowdown the operator). He (or one of his partner) can modify it later.

> Had occasional program crashes on one PC when making audio level changes (we
> used the SoundBlaster card for Voice keying) The "Send Information On This
> Crash to MS YES/NO" window appeared.  Possibly having a similar agent
> forward key memory grabs to WT could be helpful??

I will let Olivier answer on that, but I personnaly don't use such
memory dumps. I rather prefer a step-by-step procedure to reproduce the
bug (assuming it is not HW dependant).